CRPS/RSD is an awful disease that affects the entire nervous system. It's so underdiagnosed and usually takes years for a Doctor to make the diagnosis. It's a disease that causes so much pain and requires an entire lifestyle change. There is hope but not a cure. It requires a lifelong battle but you must keep fighting! I will keep up the fight..the disease will not win! I now have a great Doctor and in good hands. I have faith that this treatment will work!

Monday, October 12, 2009

What month is this?????

I am super cranky and in soooo much pain today. The weather here is COLD! It's too cold for October 12th! Our heat has been running already and this morning it was 37 degrees! At 1:00 pm it was still only 49 outside! How crazy is that? My right hand turned purple and felt like a block of ice. My shoulder and upper back (shoulder blade) is locked up in PAIN! My pain level is about a 20 on a scale of 1-10! I want to cry but I am staying tough! I am trying everything I can to get the pain level down. I am now wrapped in a blanket sitting here after wandering around the house in a blanket. My son thinks I'm crazy ..lol. Well...that's kinda..true lol! I just can't stand being cold and it's not just cold..it's damp! This isn't the worst of it either! It's going downhill this week! It's only going to get colder and RAIN! YUCK! San Diego HERE I COME!

I'm getting more and more nervous about the ketamine treatment coming up. I'm still scheduled to start October 26th for the 10 day out patient. I sure hope it works or it's going to be one miserable winter! Either that..or moving to San Diego!

Tomorrow is another Birthday..yuck! Another year older and gray hair already! Getting closer to 40 :(